Live in Care Recruitment
We specialise in providing fully trained and DBS checked carers to both Domiciliary Care Agencies and Private individuals in and around the London area. When carers are placed with Domiciliary Care Agencies a small introductory service fee will be charged for each weekly assignment. Carers need to be self-employed and registered with HMRC as such. Carers will be paid according to the level of intensity of each care package. When directly working with Private Clients, there will be a one-off introductory fee for the carer concerned and the Private Client will be required to take on the responsibility of the carer’s payroll and the deduction of PAYE and NIC from their pay.
If you are a Live In carer who is looking to work with our clients, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You need to have worked in a care role for at least 6 months and be available for weekly Live In shifts with clients – our typical change-over days for weekly shifts are at 12 Noon on any given Monday
- You should have the following qualities and capabilities:
- Be able to help your clients to get in and out of their wheelchair
- Be pleased to do household chores such as housework and light tidying up of the home and carrying out laundry and ironing tasks
- Be able to cook daily meals for clients
- Be happy to provide general companionship to clients
- Be a dependable person and be of patient and calm nature
- You should be a British Citizen or have the required permission from the UK authorities to be able to work in the United Kingdom
- You must have mandatory training certificates from a recognised establishment within the last 12 months. If you do not have these, we can arrange this for you. You should also have a recent Clear Enhanced DBS to be able to care for Adults and be enrolled on an Update service. Again, we can organise this for you if you do not have a recent DBS or are not enrolled on an Update service
- Register your interest with us by completing our Online Application Form and we will get in touch with you to carry out an initial telephone or Skype interview before progressing your application further
Our Live In carers will be supporting the clients with whom they have been placed to enable them to continue to live independently and safely in their own home. The support that they would be expected to deliver would be similar to that given by members of their own family and would include tasks such as:-
- Assisting clients, who need the support to get in and out of bed as well as helping them to get dressed and undressed washed, bathed and toileted
- Helping clients with their mobility such as using wheelchairs, walking aids and hoists
- Making and changing bedding, general tidying up and keeping the clients’ home clean
- Administering and assisting clients with their medication
- Preparing meals for their clients and also helping to feed them if required
- Providing general companionship and keeping clients motivated
- Liaising with other professionals with regard to the care of the clients
- Accompanying clients to doctor and hospital appointments
- Liaising with clients’ family members
We feel that a good Live in carer should display the following personal attributes:
- Be flexible
- Be confident and self-motivated and be able to use their own initiative
- Have a caring nature
- Be able to communicate with clients, their families and other professionals effectively.
Our team will consider all applications and will be in touch in due course.
Please make sure you fill our the relevant details as best as you can and any questions, please leave in the bio area.